Thursday, June 26, 2008

Welcome to Poo-ville

For those of you outside of Greenville, you have missed some fun times. Over the past 24 hours we have had a "boil water alert." Apparently there were Fecal Coliforms (aka Poo) in our drinking water! Every restaurant in town was closed and everyone rushed out to buy bottle water. One of the funniest things was watching the comments being posted on WITN's website. My top 10 posts were:
10. For gosh sake people, you can shower. It's a bacteria, not a flesh-eating virus.
9. God gave us an immune system....Use it!!!
8. Are the bars still open?
7. I apologize to everyone in Greenville, it's all my fault. My stomach just couldn't digest that Chinese takeout I had a couple of days ago. Sorry.
6. Well, since we can't drink the water I'm just going to drink more beer!!
5. I put some of the "poo water" on my tomatoes yesterday and they doubled in size overnight!!! This new water is amazing.
4. What about showers? Should we shower in poop?
3. That's a bunch of crap! (No pun intended)
2. Will I still be able to make water balloons and throw them at the kids?
***& my personal favorite***
1. I am being baptized this weekend? Is that still safe????

4 comments:

Laci Strickland said...

Thankfully we live closer to simpson so we have Eastern Pines water, but those comments crack me up! Too funny!

Randy Strickland said...

That's hilarious. I always am a sucker for a good poo joke, but that is one funny list. Good stuff.

Jason Ebeling said...

Good stuff. Missed those comments, but since I ws spared the poo-water debacle, I didn't care what the news was saying!

The Nassars said...

So Tampa is not the only place with people and the "weird" comments. Check out TBO.com...