Thursday, April 24, 2008

Wrigley Field

This week I travelled up to Chicago for a business meeting. The weather was absolutely beautiful so a few of us decided to go to a Cubs game at Wrigley field on Monday night. The Cubs were playing the Mets. I had been to Wrigley field about 12 years before on another business trip to the windy city.
I love this park because it reminds me of my favorite park, Fenway. In fact Wrigley was built in 1914, two years after they built Fenway.
The one thing that is cool about this park is that there are buildings surrounding the park that have bleachers on their roofs. So there are all these people watching the game in bleachers that are actually outside of the stadium.
12 years ago I watched Harry Caray hang out the announcer's booth window and sing his famous version of "Take Me Out to the Ball Game." Unfortunately, he died in 1998 and that tradition died with him. It was neat to hear the Wrigley crowd sing it during the 7th inning stretch. It was louder than I have ever heard it sung before. Here's me in front of Harry's statue...

1 comment:

Laci Strickland said...

I'm jealous!! Hope the game was fun and hope the trip went well. See you soon.