Thursday, April 3, 2008

Oh Deer!

OK, my blog is starting to look like Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom...but this was unbelievable! Today when the kids got home from school they were looking out in the backyard and they saw something. It turns out that a baby deer, a fawn (aka Bambi) was in our backyard just laying in our flower bed. Now you have to understand that we don't really have a big yard, less than a half an acre. We are also are not really near any woods. So how Bambi decided to take a nap in my mulch is really beyond me. When she finally saw me taking these pictures, she tried to get up. It looked just like the Bambi cartoon. Her legs didn't quite work as they were supposed to. I'm not sure it she was a juvenile or possibly injured. Eventually she took off, crossed the road and headed into the woods. I'm glad my nephew Skylar wasn't visiting. We would be having venison for dinner!




2 comments:

Laci Strickland said...

That is so amazing! Those are great pictures..I hope little Bambi is ok now!!
Laci :)

surebeatsworkin' said...

We didn't hear any screaching of brakes when she finally crossed the road. I think she made it.