Sunday, July 20, 2008

Nikon D60

We take a lot of pictures. I mean a ton of pictures. Well, we finally broke down and bought a digital SLR camera, the Nikon D60, right before our Vero Beach trip. We love it! I hadn't used an SLR in years and I missed all of the capabilities of an SLR. I attached a few photos I took during our trip that I thought were neat...(if you click on them they will get bigger)
I love this picture of Zach in Savannah with the paddle boat in the background. It was not posed, I just turned around and he was there on top of this toy boat on a playground.
Jake was being Jake this morning down in Vero, but for one second, he turned and I got a great shot of him with palms and the resort in the background. I love the natural lighting in this one.
Quick snapshots of the family look so much better when done through an SLR vs. a simple point and shoot. There is no shutter delay either...easier to catch my speedy kids!
This was a neat shot I took slowing the shutter speed down and letting the fire light be the only light for the photo. You just can't do that with a point and shoot digital camera. Click here to see all the photos of the trip.

1 comment:

Sheila said...

I know what you mean about the SLR digital camera! Claude bought one for me a few years ago and I LOVE IT! My little brother is a fabulous photographer and he uses the Nikon D300 with 12.3 megapixels!
Your pics look great! glad you had fun, we miss ya'll!